Thursday 23 December 2010

Redwing

When out on a landscape shoot this morning I noticed a loan Redwing by the side of the road. At first I thought it was injured and proceeded to follow it as it hopped away from me, refusing to fly. It soon became apparent that the reason for the unusual behaviour was due to the cold. The Redwing did not want to open its wings and fly away if it could possibly help it. Either this or it was too early in the morning (just getting light) and it was still half asleep. On realising that it was healthy and well, other than being cold. I left it to snuggle down on its chosen branch in the hedge and continued on my way.


Location: Broadhempston (on way to woods)

Time/Date: 7:30am (dawn) 23rd December 2010

Weather: -2 ice and snow partly cloudy. Wind northerly moderate.

No comments:

Post a Comment