Thursday 23 December 2010

Garden Feeders

With all the cold weather I refilled the bird feeders in the garden. This was yesterday. Within 3 minutes I had a Robin in the garden picking up the seeds I had sprinkled on the ground and today when I returned home at dusk I noticed a pair of Blue Tits sitting in the Hawthorn tree waiting for me to leave the garden. I am amazed at how quickly they have found the food.

Other birds that I have already seen in the garden since I put out the seed are a bunch of Sparrows, I believe they are house Sparrows. A thrush, a pair of blackbirds and a Dunnock or Hedge Sparrow.


Location: My front Garden at home (Broadhempston)

Time/Date: between 22nd and 23rd December.

Weather: Cold icy top temps 3 degrees. Wind northerly light.

No comments:

Post a Comment