Wednesday 13 April 2011

River Dart (Kingfisher)

I was enjoying one of the many sunny days that we have been having. Sitting up in a tree looking over the river dart I was able to get a good view of the banks and the river. I was watching a couple of Mallard Ducks as they made there way up the river looking for food when I herd a loud splash like someone had thrown a stone in the water. Looking round I saw a Kingfisher rise from the water and land on a branch to eat the fish that it had just caught. It sat for a while looking at the water before diving once more. A flash of blue and a loud splash. It rose from the water and flew away making a high pitched call.

Location: River Dart just up from Totnes

Habitat Description: slow moving river with tree covered banks.

Map Reference:

Time/Date: 13/04/2011 2:00pm

Weather: hot sun


No comments:

Post a Comment