Monday 21 March 2011

Godrevy

Godrevy is a large beach with areas of sand dune and cliffs. When we arrived at Godrevy it was bathed in mist and low cloud that gave the place a really cereal look. It was perfect for some moody and atmospheric landscape photographs. I found myself quickly engrossed in capturing the misty light and was soon lost in my own world with no one around. Just me and the camera constantly looking for a more interesting composition. I found myself in a cave wondering where the others were and thinking that it was probably about time I went to find them. I looked at the time, wow 2 hours had past by without me even realising. I started to head back towards where the seals haul themselves up onto the beach to bask in the warm sun. I found them there all looking down at the seals with long lenses. The seals didn't interest me today, I had seen them many times and all the people there was too much. I wondered off somewhere more quiet watching the banks of mist float inland. It was then that I saw a gimps of something moving flitting through the sky, I new immediately what it was, nothing has that way of flying, not in this country anyway. It was a Swallow, the first one that I have seen this year and a true sine that spring and summer on the way. Swallows migrate to Africa in the cold winter months and come back here to England in the summer when it is warmer to breed. The bird that I saw was flying fast and low over the ground catching flies. I carried on walking to the edge of the headland where two friends were sat eating lunch. It was here that I spotted a skylark flying high in the air singing. There were lots of them and they sang the whole while we were there. I started to head back down to the beach. When I got there I found that the light was not as inspiring. Taking a few more half hearted shots I started to head back to the bus and meet the other.

Location: Godrevy Beach

Habitat description: exposed beach with sand dunes and cliff. Faces north.

Map Reference:

Time/Date: 21st /03/2011

Weather: low mist and cloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment